By Mary Cramer.
Missouri resident, Mary Cremer, is requesting pain patients from Missouri email their pain stories to…
Missouri is at a pivotal time. We are the only state in the US that does not have a statewide PDMP (Prescription Drug Monitoring Program) . On July 17, 2017, former Governor Eric Greitens passed Executive Order 17-18. The former governor passed this order due to the 99th General Assembly failing to pass legislation instituting a PDMP.(1)
In May 2018, Eric Greitens resigned as governor of Missouri. The lieutenant governor, Mike Parson, is the new governor.
Some counties have implemented PDMP’s on their own. We have found that the PDMP system is flawed. Pain patients are being flagged as doctor shoppers. This flagging happens to patients without notification. Once flagged, unknowing patients now have problems getting into new doctors and other problems. The counties admit the system is flawed and if a flag is found to be in error, it can not be removed and stays in place for six months.
Pain patients need to have their voices heard by elected officials. What I would like is for Missouri Pain Patients, loved ones and medical professionals to email their stories. Ideas for content in your email would be…
• Are you still receiving pain meds?
• Have your pain meds been cut or threatened? If so, why?
• Has your original doctor retired, quit prescribing, referred you to pain management or expressed concern or fear from government and/or employers?
• Did you sign a Pain contract?
• Are you periodically drug tested? Any problems with this?
• Has your insurance or pharmacy given you problems?
• Have you lost quality of your life?
• Have you contacted your elected officials?
• Do you have a loved one that also has problems with pain control?
• Have you had problems post surgery or injury?
• Have you been flagged as a doctor shopper? Has this caused you problems?
• Has anyone you know taken their life, or have you thought about it? And why?
• Describe your pain and what pain control does for you?
• Include any additional information.
Please include your name, address and phone number.
If you want to remain anonymous, you may, just please provide what district in MO you reside (and the email should state that you want to remain anonymous). You can look up your district and state Representative and state Senator at the bottom of the page. Please try NOT to be anonymous, if possible. Elected officials need to understand we are REAL and problems are happening in Missouri.
Please share this with other people from Missouri.
Here is the link to locate your representative or district.