Eight international retailers, worth US$79.3 billion in annual sales,Â met withuppliers in China between July and October this year, to make better business arrangements.
Global Sources (Nasdaq: GSOL) brought these big businesses and Greater China suppliers in face-to-face exclusive meetings in different Chinese cities for these custom, private-sourcing events.
The participating buyers were Bardahl, Creata, Decathlon, Mary Kay, Monster Cable, Petco, Sears and Staples.
Sourcing teams from these retailers met with nearly 50 pre-selected suppliers in the third quarter of 2010.
Global Sources’ Chairman and CEO, Merle A Hinrichs, said: “Buyers and suppliers are eager to do business as trading opportunities expand. Growth momentum is returning steadily in developed economies and buying power continues to build impressively in emerging markets. The International Monetary Fund, while anticipating moderate economic growth worldwide in 2011, estimates a strong upturn of 7.1 percent for emerging markets in particular next year.
“With the trade environment improving, Global Sources’ Custom Private Sourcing Events make it possible for major buyers to easily find suppliers that can become perfect business partnerships for them.”
Product categories at the July-September Custom Private Sourcing Events ranged from furniture and auto parts to fashion products and iPod / iPhone accessories.
Buyer representation at the events included:
- Bardahl: Top Latin American producer and distributor of automotive fluids
- Creata: Global marketing, premiums and promotions company that works with the world’s largest corporations
- Decathlon: Europe’s leading retailer of a broad range of sports equipment
- Mary Kay: One of the largest direct sellers of skin care products and color cosmetics in the world
- Monster Cable: One of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-performance cables
- Petco: Leading pet specialty retailer with more than 1,000 stores in the United States
- Sears: Fourth largest U.S. broadline retailer
- Staple: World’s largest office products company
One supplier who participated in the event, Sales Manager of Shantou Nanheng Industrial Co., Zhou Qiong, said: “With demand rising in markets around the world, we need to connect as quickly as possible with the right buyers. Global Sources’ Custom Private Sourcing Events provide the answer as a direct channel for us to meet and begin business relations immediately with top companies that offer long-term prospects.”
Over 100 Global Sources Private Sourcing Events are planned for 2010. All Private Sourcing Events are complimentary for buyers and only Global Sources verified suppliers are eligible to participate.
For further info, visit www.corporate.globalsources.com and www.PrivateSourcingEvents.com
Image via Wikipedia