Once again, its the season to be jolly and to stock up on your favorite sparkling wines, winter whites and ripe reds to take the winter chill off without breaking the holiday budget.
Whole Foods Market has scoured the world’s wines to find some of the best wines for its Top 10 Holiday Wines program. And the best news is that these delightful little numbers only cost around $20 a bottle, or even less.
The company invites shoppers and wine enthusiasts to taste and tweet some holiday cheer during its first-ever Twitter Tasting on Wednesday, November 17. At 7 p.m. EST, Whole Foods Market national wine buyers Doug Bell and Geof Ryan will taste and tweet about six wines from the Top 10 Holiday Wine list. Additionally, Whole Foods Market and Snooth.com are partnering to offer a contest to win a VIP trip to California wine country.
“Our holiday wine line-up is our best ever so far. There is something for every wine lover to enjoy with family and friends and what better way to jump start the season than tasting and learning about these wines together,” said Bell.
Here are Whole Foods Market’s Top 10 Holiday Wines:
- De Chanceny Cremant Loire â€“ French bubbly easily compared to Champagne three times the cost
- Romerhof Riesling â€“ apple and pear notes and a crisp finish
- Chalone Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc â€“ tropical fruit notes with a hint of lemon zest and grapefruit
- Simmonet-Febvre Saint-Bris â€“ refreshing minerality and citrus zest notes
- Earthstone Chardonnay* â€“ spicy vanilla touch and bright apple notes
- Louis Latour Pouilly-Fuisse â€“ round, full herbal fruitiness with crisp acidity
- Dievole Dievolino Sangiovese Di Toscana â€“ lively, ruby red with a hint of juniper
- Estancia Pinot Noir â€“ ripe blueberry, black cherry and plum flavor, balanced by creamy vanilla
- Bubo Old Vine Zinfandel â€“ rich flavors of plum, blackberry, pepper and chocolate
- Paso A Paso Tempranillo* â€“ floral, deeply colored with huge flavor
- Bodegas Castano Hecula Monastrell* â€“ bold, elegant red wine with pleasant tannins
- Valley of the Moon Syrah â€“ soft and silky with concentrated dark berry fruit with earth and spice notes
*Produced by vineyards with organic and/or sustainable farming methods
For more information about recipe pairings, the Twitter Tasting and featured wines and Snooth.com contest, visit WholeFoodsMarket.com/wine
Image via Wikipedia